Friday, August 7, 2009

Floral Friday

The pink anthuriums are flowering in hidden corners of my garden. Since they don't need direct sunlight I have planted them in all sorts of dark places.Some are planted in containers, which can be placed wherever I want. There are miniature sunflowers at the back.
I have very few roses, and this Black Princess is a prized possession, because it flowers in all the seasons.The butterfly ginger, Hedychium, makes a good contrast in colour, as well as scent.




The red and yellow flowers of the Zebra Plant, Sanchezia match the bold yellow striped leaves. The plant has started flowering now, and it will continue to flower for the next three months.


1 comment:

  1. I have never planted the Zebra plant. Looks pretty and so do your other blooms. The contrast of white and dark pink looks great!

    ReplyDelete